Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Magick from the Void

When I first began writing this blog, I wrote, "Magick is a verb." Many of my friends deeply complimented me for those four words. Now, I realize that it doesn't go deep enough. Sure, you have to do magick to call yourself a magician. Yet, I am not sure that ceremony is the way to go.

I am not going to say that the ceremonial magician in me has it wrong. Suddenly, I am a bit perplexed how my chanting the god name of Hod (x8), the archangelic name of Hod (x8) and the choir name of Hod (x8) creates an atmosphere conducive to a spirit of Hod to appear. Sure, it is the equivalent of shouting, "Hey YOU, Yeah you, the army of bad asses, come here." The question is, why would they respond? They are from a different place with much more important things to do than listen to me screech at them, much less make a detour all the way down here.

Banishing with the LBRP seems to be more of the same. It is as much a mind game than anything else. It is very effective at focusing one's thoughts on the tasks at hand. I seriously doubt that waving my hands through the air in the prescribed fashion of CM keeps anything at bay in and of itself. I have totally walked through the circles of totally bad ass occultists but astrally and physically, impact of the 'circle' nada.  Then again, I stayed far away from one and just watched. Yup, drove the guy running the show a bit bonkers but no harm done.

The only thing that really can trip out an atmosphere really fast is the sacred application of fire and water. Now that, my friends, can make a holy place (like what part of the earth isn't holy anyway) really holy. Let me consecrate a room with fire and water and I can just sit there more content than a cat in a winter sun beam.

As are as creating atmosphere conducive to a spirit my more witchy friends have it closer to right. You can use herbs, incenses and objects to create a small altar that a spirit may really like and inhabit. It is the build it and they will come theory. I am not decrying that method but it isn't what I am talking about.

I will say that if you have shifted from this place to that, an altogether different place, those symbols and words work just fine. BUT. YOU. HAVE. TO. BE. THERE. You can't do it from here with anything like the effectiveness you can have THERE.

To get THERE, you have shift. It is is only a step really. One to the right and maybe one to the left. Suddenly, you are out of time. You are in the void. From there, time means nothing and never will again. Time, you see, is an illusion. You can simply focus your way out of time and into a place so dark, so vast, so alone that getting there instantly results in a little pang of fear. Thank the gods for that because taking any longer to get there would be starkly terrifying. It is just a little shift but reality will never be the same. Death no longer holds fear because you died to get there and you survived!

They come to you THERE because THERE is where everything already is. THERE, we all are and they are. Call something THERE and you experience the core of that something. Nothing will ever be the same.

THERE, you can create. Magick done anywhere is else manipulation. Here, it is creation pure and simple. Careful though, you just may take off your own head.

Here is a song that I will never look at the same way again. This is a magickal song about getting to that place. It really is just a jump to the left, and a step to the right and that pelvic thrust does all the creating. It is so totally easy and yet completely impossible to explain. So here is the Time Warp. You have to squint to see what I am getting at.

Many of you will think I have totally lost it. I am good with that because the entire point is that you have to stop thinking to get THERE.

Magick is a place.

The Time Warp -- Rocky Horror Picture Show
[my emphasis]

RiffRaff:

It's astounding;
Time is fleeting;
Madness takes its toll.

But listen closely...

Magenta:

Not for very much longer.

RiffRaff:

I've got to keep control.

I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me


Magenta:

And the void would be calling...

Transylvanians:

Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again.

Narrator:

It's just a jump to the left.

All:

And then a step to the right.

Narrator:

Put your hands on your hips.

All:

You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.
Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again.

Magenta:

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.
So you can't see me, no, not at all.
In another dimension, with
voyeuristic intention,

Well secluded, I see all.

RiffRaff:

With a bit of a mind flip

Magenta:

You're into the time slip.

RiffRaff:

And nothing can ever be the same.

Magenta:

You're spaced out on sensation.

RiffRaff:

Like you're under sedation.

All:

Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again.

Columbia:

Well I was walking down the street
just a-having a think
when a snake of a guy gave me an
evil wink.
He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise.
He had a pickup truck, and the
devil's eyes.
He stared at me and I felt a change.Time meant nothing, never would again.

All:

Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again.

Narrator:

It's just a jump to the left.

All:

And then a step to the right.

Narrator:

Put your hands on your hips.

All:

You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane.
Let's do the time-warp again.
Let's do the time-warp again.


2 comments:

Melissa Alexander said...

Earworm!! Dammit. Janet.

Rose Weaver said...

You haven't "lost it" at all. I completely agree... I need to write down the story about what happened today while I was at my acupuncture appointment; I asked her to put on either some Native American music or nature sounds, like water... she did. And I dropped down... deep... right away. The images which came up were wonderfully peaceful; wood, a small pine cone I have (and need to destroy), koi fish in a stream, the rain forest, etc...

Afterwards, we discussed some things which have been occurring within my life and how I've been feeling. She drew an image which illustrated how the elements inter-relate in the Japanese tradition (resulting in a five pointed star), lent me a book on feng shui, and made a copy of a page from another book with a heap more info on it. As I quickly scanned the book and we discussed the illustration she drew, how everything was inter-related, I was astonished... the images which came to my mind while she worked were EXACTLY what I require in my life now to assist with balancing my energy at the moment.

And that small pine cone? I remembered where it currently is, and that IT is the one thing that is causing some major problems. I wrote about it once in a space where others used to hang out; others who have issues. It's a shame because it's a very cool little pine cone with a window in it, but I'm smashing the damn thing and breaking out into a new life.

Magick happens in the oddest ways. And all she did to her space was use fire to light the moksa, fresh air coming in from the open back door, water from the fountains and the iPod player... and our combined energy as she worked, I allowed myself to be me, and we each flowed into our own zones.

Magick.

capitcha = IImpagem (I. I am. Pagan.) I love this stuff.