Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spiritually Content But...

I have reached a place of spiritual peace. I am very happy with my relation with the divine. I have a ontological view that, while not unique, I developed on my own that really speaks to my soul in a deep way. People have tried to bring me down since my spiritual rebirth. I have had a pagan tell me that I am out of touch with reality, bipolar and dangerous. I have had evangelicals tell me that I am going to hell (and they have never met me).  I have had a couple of friends look at my sideways. None of these things have had an impact. I know exactly who I am, what I am doing and where I am going. I don't need to denigrate anyone to remain there. In fact, I find myself lifting people's spirits and creating smiles. Life is good.

On another note...

I filled out personal life evaluation form as part of my life coach training the other day. This form breaks various parts of your life into sections and then asks you to rate them. I rated my spiritual satisfaction very high. Had I found a category or two further off the mark than I expected, I would have been find with that. Instead, I found many off the mark. This form reflected exactly the effort I've put into things in my life. My spiritual success has come at a price that I am no longer willing to pay.

So, while maintaining my current spiritual place and even continuing making progress on my path, my main focus is going to move to other areas. The upside for me is that I know how to put an effort into the things I deeply want as proven by my spiritual quest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and good luck!

gareth said...

It's wonderful that you have developed these tools that can be used in many areas of your life.

Yvonne said...

oh my goodness yes. And while you are at it, go out and create some things for fun and for love!