Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Rough Holidays

There are a lot of people out there that get depressed or mentally stressed during the holidays. I am not one of them. However, this last week has been a horrendous strain.

I haven't slept well. I have been cranky. My psychological stress last night was very close to the intensity of my break down last year. It manifested very like my issues of the past but not the same energy input and output. That was the clue. These were not my issues that I was facing.

I have become more and  more open to the energies of the universe and the like. I was (and still am but to a lesser degree) picking up on the general angst of the season from all those folks that do have holiday issues. I recognized the energy patterns that I was facing last night were not mine. The ability to do that comes from heading the admonition of the Oracle at Delphi, "Know Thyself."

You have to know who you are in order to realize that you are under the influence of something that is not you. Had I owned that energy as mine  I could have descended once again into the abyss.

Be relentless. Know thyself, even the parts you deny to others. Know yourself so well that you don't have to deny your faults. Only in this way can you be aware enough to pick up differences like this even when you are as in as bad a shape as I was last night.


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Yes! Knowing the difference between what is yours and what is not yours helps. But it still feels horrible. I hope the worst has passed but I fear