Monday, May 14, 2012

Soul Sangha Meeting

Tonight, I held the second of the monthly Soul Sangha meetings for the locals doing the Manifestation Meditation. The meeting is scheduled to last an hour. It lasted two.

The stories people told of their work over the last month were so very cool. I could not help but feeling this meeting was like what I always wanted the Golden Dawn to be. This was simply a group of people sharing their stories of spiritual/personal growth. I did some formal teaching of facts regarding the Qabala but it is really each of us helping the other by asking questions or pointing out little things to help other things fall into place for the speaker. There was a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect that was really moving. 

My friend, Flower, even arrived and shared that she'd done the meditation. In doing so, she discovered something that she "made into God". It was a good Pagan relating the perfect "false idol" story. 

A couple of times, I felt my eyes well up as people shared stories of past emotional pain and being able to leave it behind. Their stories of healing were very moving.

A pleasant evening was had by all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've really put words on exactly what I'm looking for from a local magical community. It's really a shame such groups are such a rare find.

Yvonne said...

I wish I had a "like" button