Monday, February 17, 2014

Robert's Review of Pantheacon 2014!

Please forgive me for making this short. Items two and three may explain my lack of time at the moment. Forgive me also for sharing my "Best Presentation Award" with myself. While my presentation was not at all public, I am co-awarding it this year because this is my blog and I can!

Best Presentations

The winner of best presentation this year is Sam Webster announcing his Pantheon Foundation. I cannot do it justice here in a limited time frame. In a nutshell, Sam and his cohorts have created a legally recognized Pagan Education and Social Foundation that will do the following:

  • Provide legal assistance to Pagan groups when it comes to obtaining 501C status.
  • Support small Pagan groups so that they have access to that which is generally available to other religious groups. 
  • Support and provide Master of Divinity scholarships for Pagans
  • Social welfare programs for Pagans
  • A host of other stuff
The Pantheon foundation is building the Pagan infrastructure so desperately needed as this movement comes of age. I can also testify that Sam will never get caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I encourage you to support this worthy endeavor both in spirit and financially. If you have a group in need of their services in any capacity, please let them know. 

The Manifestation Meditation Becomes Available!

Two things happened during side meetings this weekend that I am very pleased to announce! 
  • I made a deal with an international Pagan web-educator to present the Manifestation Meditation classes world-wide. More details will be emerging soon. I can share that it will be emerging under a different name. 
  • Llewellyn Publications has asked me for a formal proposal for the book on the Manifestation Meditation.



Honorable Mentions

Jason Mankey delivered two presentations worthy of mention.

The first was on the Horned God. Jason has the rare ability to present factual information while being funny and managing not to step on what he is saying. The facts never take a back seat to his humor. If you ever have a chance to see him, I encourage you to attend.

The second was a recreation of a ritual that you may have seen in 1899. He and his crew did an excellent job. It was fun to see elements that I would associate with modern British Traditional Wicca, Masonry, the Golden Dawn, along with the pompous air of Victorians. I have some questions for Jason that I was too busy to ask this weekend. Overall it was a cracking good show!

The final honorable mentions have to go the the venerable Lon Milo DuQuette. Lon didn't do his normal presentations this year. However, he did speak of his upcoming book Homemade Magick, due out at summer's end in Llewellyn's hospitality suite for maybe five or six of us. The tidbits of wisdom and spiritual truths he dropped in such off-handed way were totally cool. During that class, he was labeled The 20th Century's Rumi by one of his admirers. 

He also performed his music in Club Max Sunday night. He was funny, irreverent, kind and every bit the Gentle Heretic. He earned a standing ovation from myself and many others. Buy his books, buy his music but if you can, see him live. You will not regret it.

(P.S. I quickly found these images on the web. If I stepped on anyone's copyright, please let me know. I will remove them immediately.)




2 comments:

my-path-notes said...

Cool stuff. Although not a pagan i look forward to hearing more about the movement and its growth in popularity.

Yvonne said...

congratulations robert on the proposal query...get it done quickly so you can become rich and famous LOL
(only half kidding)